Monday, February 2, 2009

Reasons I am Thankful for My Parents!!

I told y'all I would do this...hope you enjoy my list--and my pics (also hope Mom doesn't kill me when she sees them!!)!!! BTW, I decided to do 35--not that that is my age or anything.... ;)


1. They love me no matter what!

2. They love to have fun!!
3. They were always supportive of my extra-curricular activities and still are!!

4. They were strict.
5. They make me want to be a better person by their example.

6. My mom always waited up on the couch for me to come in when I was a teenager, so we could talk (if I wanted to) about my night.

7. My dad used to hold me and let me drive--and we would sing at the top of our voices with the radio.
8. They pray for me.

9. They love KP!10. They are awesome grandparents!! 11. They have made many sacrifices in their lives to allow my brother, sisters and me to have things we wanted.
12. They have stayed together through better or worse, richer or poorer, sickness and health....13. They both have great senses of humor--and make me laugh!! 14. They took us on family vacations every summer.

15. Dad fixed us breakfast every morning growing up, so that we could all have at least one meal together as a family.


16. Mom always did my laundry for me--and still would if I would just let her!!
17. They have always loved God and taught us to do the same.

18. My dad took me fishing and hunting all through my growing up years--even though I was a lousy girl! :)
19. My mom tries to teach me to cook--she has shared all her recipes but I cannot make them taste as good as hers!
20. My dad taught me how to throw a spiral!

21. My mom always has answers for my questions about my kids--she was extremely helpful when I was a panicking new parent!
22. They always provided a safe, secure place to come home to--and still do!

23. They took care of me when I couldn't take care of myself.

24. They helped pay for my college and encouraged me to get my diploma, even when I felt like giving up.

25. They always made CHRISTmas special!
26. My mom let me have tons of slumber parties!

27. My dad showed me how a woman should be treated by the way he treated my mom--and he did not let me accept boys who didn't live up to my (his) standards!

28. They took care of their parents, grandparents, great uncle & aunt...they taught me how to care for my family who couldn't care for themselves--and did it selflessly!!

29. My mom took pictures and filmed enough for me to not ever forget any moment of my life!!30. My dad taught me how to ride a bike.

31. They're cool!!
32. My mom helped with Girl Scouts and taught VBS and Bible class.

33. My dad coached my Little League Baseball teams.

34. They are proud of me!

35. They are my two of my best friends in the entire world!!

3 comments:

Girl Power!! said...

Aw so sweet!!!
You're parents are amazing! I always see them at all your games you coach here in town.
Dedicated!!

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

What a great tribute to your parents. They're going to love all those pics!
Thank you so much for your prayers the other day. I really appreciate it. :)

Sarah said...

WOW...made me cry...imagine that. You are such a wonderful sister and a blessing I thank God for everyday. You are a person I strive to be like and I hope to follow in your foot steps the rest of my life. I love you very much and you rock!!!!!!

Can't wait for Austin!